Immediately notify UPC by:
- Calling 1-888-CLM-DEPT (888-256-3378)
- Filing a new claim on the UPC Insurance website
- Contacting your insurance agent
When contacting UPC Insurance about a claim, be ready to provide:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- Names and addresses of witnesses or injured persons
- General loss information
- Your policy number (if available)
- A UPC claims professional will review your report and start the claims process.
- We will assign a claim number for tracking purposes.
- We will assign the claim to an adjuster who will contact you and answer any questions you may have concerning the process.
- Depending on the type of claim and your needs, we may offer emergency services from one of our approved vendors.
- If you have any questions after completing your claims report, you can contact us by calling 1-888-CLM-DEPT (888-256-3378) or submit an existing claim inquiry online.
An adjuster will be assigned to your claim, and they will make direct contact usually within the next business day. When warranted, the adjuster will coordinate an inspection of the damages. The adjuster will prepare an estimate of the damages, review all investigative material, review the policy coverage, and handle accordingly. Certain types of claims do not require direct inspection and will be handled by other methods.
- The adjuster assigned to your claim will contact you directly; or
- You may call 1-888-CLM-DEPT (888-256-3378) or log in to the Policyholder Center.
- If the claim is reported with a valid policy number to UPC over the phone, a claim number will be provided at the completion of the call.
- If the claim is reported online, a claim number will be emailed to you within one business day.
- If the claim is reported to your agent, the claim number will be provided by your UPC claims professional.
- If you don’t receive a claim number as outlined above, you may call 1-888-CLM-DEPT (888-256-3378).
Your Duties After a Loss:
In case of a loss to your property, please follow the duties below:
- Provide immediate notice to UPC or your agent of how and when the loss occurred by calling 1-888-CLM-DEPT (888-256-3378), filing a new claim on the UPC Insurance website, or contacting your insurance agent.
- Notify the police in case of theft or vandalism.
- Protect the property from further damage. If repairs to the property are required immediately, you must:
- Take pictures of damages.
- Make reasonable and necessary repairs to protect the property.
- Keep an accurate record of repair expenses.
- Prepare an inventory of damaged personal property showing the quantity, description, actual cash value and amount of loss.
- Maintain receipts for additional living expenses incurred and records that support the fair rental value loss.
- If the loss is related to a credit card, or a bank electronic transfer card, notify the financial institution.
Please refer to your policy for all Duties After a Loss conditions.